Thursday, September 10, 2015

Tired.

My title about sums it up. Tired. PTL tomorrow is Friday. We even had Monday off!! Always seems to me that the short weeks feel like the longest. Anyone with me on that??  This week marks the 3rd week of school for us. We are getting our procedures and routines down, diving into curriculum and starting daily 5 and guided math! 



I have done Daily 5 for several years. I left my centers behind and never looked back. I love the ease of daily 5 and its predictability. At the point I have only introduced read to self, work on Writing and read to self. 



After reading a couple of blog post this summer I knew I had to make a change in my math block. This year I started guided math. I have to say... It's wonderful!!! My stations are: teacher table, iPads, math journals and tubs. 





 Today was our first day of full rotations and I am so proud of them!! 

Next week I will introduce listening to reading and word work and we will press on with our guided math and math workshop, but for now it's rest and time to catch up on my recorded shows. 😄 



1 comment:

  1. Love your beginning of the year anchor charts and how you make rules and procedures really explicit for the kids. Definitely going to have to make some charts like that next year! I do Daily 5 too and also started Guided Math this year. My kids are loving the rotations!

    Kristi
    Teaching in the Tropics

    ReplyDelete