Saturday, August 22, 2015

New school year is here!

Thursday afternoon was our annual Meet The Teacher. This is one of my favorite days. I love meeting all of my new firsties, and seeing their excitement about school starting makes me excited! The afternoon always goes by so fast and when it's over I always feel like I've been hit by a bus. A bus of 22 6 year olds. 😄 It was a great afternoon and my class is just the cutest! 



Friday morning all of the teachers had a work day. We got to work in our rooms, uninterrupted. 🙏  It was so nice because I was knee deep in school supplies and had so much to prep for the first day of school. 



I like to have all of their school supplies ready to go when they walk in on Monday. Just makes the morning go much smoother. 

This is my schedule for this year {as of now}. If I get going next week and notice I need to adjust, I'll do so. 


After organizing school supplies and mapping out my day, I needed to get started on procedures. I gotta let them know how we do things! 😄 

Here are just s few of my anchor charts for the first day of school. 


I love to read the story "Listen Buddy" on the first day. It's about a rabbit who keeps making mistakes because he wasn't being a good listener. After the story we write down things that make a good listener. One of my favorites for sure! 



And we're starting Read to Self day 1!! 


I will be back later, hopefully the first day of school {if I'm not too tired to type and I survive} 😂 with our first day activities! 







No comments:

Post a Comment