Monday, May 13, 2013

Spring Fever.

Is every kid in America getting spring summer fever like my class?!? With only 19 more days left the kiddos are getting a little stir crazy. But who can blame them right?

One of my favorite things to teach is parts of the plant and the plant life cycle. I started the unit this year with a little foldable. They drew a flower on the outside, then cut to separate each part. Underneath each flap, then recorded each part and what each part did to help the plant grow.















We also did a little craftivity that I used as a little assessment. They created their own flower using construction paper and then labeled each part including the things a plant needs to grow. Love how they turned out!




Towards the end of the week each of them got to plant there own little cup of grass. I let them draw a face on their cup before we planted our seeds. Right now they are just beginning to grow. After they get a little taller, we will give them a "hair cut"! The kids are soooo excited about the hair cut.







Hope you have a fabulous week, sweet friends!









2 comments:

  1. I have never come across a blog where the blog post describes my day to a T... wow! We made those flower flip books today... we took home our grass heads today... and I plan on doing a similar craft tomorrow. Looks like we are both on the same pacing :)

    Happy Monday!
    Annie

    Three Cheers for First Grade!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of grass heads. My class makes grass caterpillars. I am having a “Tour My Blog” linky party...stop by and link up! It is a great way for bloggers and their viewers to learn about your blog! I would love for you to join me!

    Brigid
    Bits of First Grade

    ReplyDelete