Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Addition and Thanksgiving

WOW!!! I can't believe Thanksgiving is just days away! So happy for the break.  This break gives me time to update my poor little blog.  Sorry sweet followers. 

Over the past few week we have been working on addition and tens and ones. 
Every year my sweet firsties play a quick little games to help with their addition facts.  It's called "In and Out".  They grab a handful of unifix cubes and drop them down over the game board.  They add the "in" with "out" to create an addition number sentence. 



I found this great tens and ones game on Pinterest.  I wish I remember where it came from so I could link up to it.  For some crazy reason I printed it and didn't save it in my google docs so I am not sure what site it came from.  {please know, I did not create this}  My kids love it!




Of course in the weeks leading up to Thanksgiving we did  some nifty Thanksgiving activities that I got from the ever so creative blog, First Grade Parade!! {Love her blog!}

My sweet darlings made the adorable placemats {let me just say, they could NOT wait to take them home!}
{sorry, couldn't get it to turn}

We also made those adorable little pilgrims using the same activity Cara used with her kiddos.  {Mine loved it!!}


We also made the tie-die turkeys and they wrote how they would "cook a  turkey" {HILLARIOUS!!} Sadly, I forgot to take pictures of those and a few other activities we did!
Thanks for all of the fan-tab-ulous Thanksgiving activities First Grade Parade!!

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving filled with family, food, and of course SHOPPING!!
HAPPY TURKEY DAY!!!

2 comments:

  1. Loved your out in out game! Hope you don't mind I edited and made my own! http://youresosharp.blogspot.com/2011/12/out-in-out.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful blog! What do you think of when you think of Thanksgiving? Personally, It is a way to spread happiness via food. Virtual Thanksgiving Ideas is the opportunity for discussion with your loved ones. With these ideas, we can share that spirit of gratitude with the other group you spend the most time with—your coworkers!

    ReplyDelete