Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Teacher Week '13... Classroom tour.

One of my favorite things to do is look at other teachers classrooms.  I mean really... I could do it all day long.  Even a few days this summer I went to my room to work and I got side tracked and spent the entire day chatting and looking at other rooms.  I love getting ideas and seeing how others do things so seeing all of these classroom tour posts are just making my day! And let me tell ya, y'all have some AMAZING spaces!

If you read my blog a few post ago you all know that I switched districts this summer and I posted some *before* pictures of my new space.  Well... I'm just about done with it and I LOVE it.  I am not quite done yet, so you will see scattered stuff. Just know it's a work in progress.  Also, meet the teacher is quickly approaching so in preparation of that I have *getting to know you* folders and supply tubs scattered about.  

So where do I begin...  
*This is the view from the door way*  My snazzy little rug came from Ikea... for 20 bucks!!! Talk about a steal!! It's my little cover up for my Elmo and laptop cords.

Here are some overview shots.  {Please excuse the mess on my table... I'm in the process of making take home folders.  





* chevron numbers came from {HERE}
*chevron behavior management chart came from {HERE}

So welcome to my home away from home...


*those are my students mailboxes...read more about that {HERE}.


*This is my reading wall.  Mainly a resource for students while working independently and at guided reading.  You can find the cards {HERE}

*You can find the reading strategies poster click {HERE}


*This is my word wall and writer's workshop board*  The way I use the pocket are I glue their pictures on craft sticks and depending where they are in the process determines which pocket their pictures will be.  

*These are my writers tool kits.  Each child gets one.  I will also place a their picture in the pocket so they know which one is theirs.  That is just so I can reuse the same organizer year after year without writing on them.

*This is my math wall*

*So this year I'm doing the daily 5!!!! I couldn't be more excited!!! I am adapting it a bit to fit my OCD...lol.  I just don't think I can handle them choose where to sit.  Whew!! So I am doing free choice where they pick where they are going, but have designated spots for them to go.  Again, they will have a picture on a stick.  They will check in with me...then place their picture in the pocket to the station they will go to first.  They will keep their picture after each rotation is over and when daily is over each day.



*These are my signs that will tell them where to sit after they select their choice.  Grab your copy {HERE}






*These are my "buckets" for my bucket fillers*

 * Get your color words {HERE}
*You will notice my I-charts for the daily 5 that I will make with the students.
*On the paper with clips is where I will hang their writing throughout the year to make their EOY portfolios on.





*Here I will hang their pic depending on when their birthday is.*

*Classroom jobs....again their picture on a craft stick will go here.*



*Paper bag inspiration came from {HERE}



I hope you enjoyed the GRAND tour!!! And that I didn't miss anything!! I'll be back tomorrow for Organization Wednesday!!


I just wanted to say a HUGE THANK YOU!!!!! to all of the bloggers who inspired my room!!! Y'all are simply amazing!!!!


Don't forget to link up with your classroom tour on Blog Hoppin!!!

5 comments:

  1. very cute room:) I like the bright colors and that it's not too girly. I love all the classrooms on these blogs but sometimes there's just too much pink and I wonder how the boys like it. Where did you get the table number thingys?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey,
    I love your blog! Would you please share the "In and Out"Math game Mat and recording sheet. Thanks so much.
    PW Johnson
    K-5 teacher
    pamela.johnson@spartanburg2.k12.sc.us

    ReplyDelete