Saturday, August 6, 2011

The time has come.

Well ladies.... Here we GO!  The time has come for us to go back to school.  One of the most exciting things about going back to school is that we receive our class list!! Woo-Hoo!!! Since I have to start inservice on Friday, that's when I get my list of firsties! Can't wait to meet all of them!

Over the past few days I have been working diligently getting my room ready, organizing center games and cabinets, gathering meet the teacher information for packets, and getting plans ready for the first 2 weeks of school. 

 I thought I would share a few files that I use in my room. 



I attach this form to their writing folder and reading response journals.  Instead of carrying a clip board or note cards around I have the students keep their conferencing notes I have taken on their writing.  When I meet with them, I simply pull it out, add to it, and attach it back to their folder.  When it is full I remove it and attach a new one.  Helps me with keeping up with all of their anecdotal notes. 

Book Buddy Labels

I simply print these off and place them on gallon size zip-lock bags for students to keep their self selected reading books in through out the year.

Guided Reading Plans Template

I created this at the beginning of this past year.  I love it! I circle the day of the week, write objective, students, etc.  But what I love about it is that I can write what I will cover next time.  With so much going on, I would sometimes forget the things I needed to work on next time with a group.  Very helpful!

I also wanted to share with you a few things I found on Pinterest for the beginning of the year!  I can't take any credit for them!  They are from fabulous, creative teachers.  So fun!!


 This cute idea is from Mrs. Jump!




Crazy for First Grade: Back to School- The First Day in First Grade!!!
This is from Mrs. Williamson's Kinder blog!






Always First Grade
Can you say A-D-OR-A-BLE!!! Check out Always First Grade for more cute ideas! I can't wait to do this with my firsties!!


This is from Garden of Praise.  Love it!

Check them out! There are such FABulous ideas on there.  If you are still needing an invite, leave me a comment with your email address and I'll send you one!  While you're there don't forget to follow me.  There is a link to my board "Firsties are the Besties" at the top of my blog! 

I hope you enjoy your last few days of summer.  Rest up! The first day of school will be here before we know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment